Thursday, January 17, 2008

Had a bad day...

OK, I'm not going to go into all the details of what happened today but let me tell you..."it is so difficult working in a department with all women!"

So anyway, I was having an extremely terrible day and I sent a text to Phillip (the hubby)..I wanted to complain (I'm a woman remember) about my day and the fact that I could walk out of my place of employment and never look back. I just wanted him to listen to me complain and say "oh sweetie, you are right and I will rub your tired feet when you get home". Do you think that is what he said? NOPE! This is the text I got back from my wonderful husband "Don't let them steal your joy". What? What Joy?? I have no joy here!

But wait...let's think about this for a minute...I do have joy here...I have the Lord in my heart, I have an amazing Christian friend who prayed me into this place and another friend that I think likes me being here too, I like what I do, my evaluations have always been positive, I have health insurance, a 401K, pretty decent pay...so what's my problem? How do you work in a secular job for 8 hours a day around such cattiness and remain still and wait on the Lord?? How do I maintain my Christian walk in such a difficult place? I know I am where I am for a reason, I know there is something more for me, but I must wait.

Now, any of you who know me know how difficult it is for me to WAIT...I am very impatient...so you say pray for patience...ha...I am dealing with this...I don't like to pray for patience because I get trials. Just the other day I told my dear friend Julie about my dislike of praying for patience and she convinced me to pray for patience and she would pray for me as well...well thank you Julie...I had quite the trial today! OK, that wasn't fair, I should say "thank you Lord for giving me this trial to help me grow in faith." It's just easier to blame Julie. But...

It all goes into perspective when I walk through the door at night to a warm home, a husband and wonderful kids waiting to tell me about their day. I will pull out my bible tonight and look up scripture on patience and I will continue to pray for patience and thank God for all I have at this moment in time. And...I'll throw in a prayer for the girls at work.




1 comment:

Julie Watson said...

I LOVED this!!! Especially about your awesome friend, Julie- LOL You're so sweet!!
I believe with ALL MY HEART that God brought us together as friends.
You're absolutly right, I did pray you to Wells Fargo and I'm praying to keep you there too.- sorry ;)
Keep the faith my friend- NEVER give up or underestimate the power of our Lord.
Remember, if He brings you to it, He'll bring you through it.
I love ya!- Ju- :)